FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suite upgrade at Asian properties
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:32 pm
barracuda93

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by scubaccr
I initially tended to stay when transitting manila (inbound+outbound) as 1nighters based on convenience of location, starting Jan 1st 2016 when Intercontinental Manila closed. With a non Filipino foreign passport you only pay the 10% service fee of the ++ which is great for this location.
I'd be paying virtually same rate (within 1000php) for IHG HI Makati. where upgrade is just higher floor same size/furnished room (eg std -> Dlx) without lounge, or less inconvenient location Conrad Manilawhere unless upgraded to full suite rooms are shower only
Thank you for reply.
Aside from Grab, there are actually free shuttles from Marriott / Newport city to many locations around Metro Manila, but the problem is not price, but time. Traffic is frequently pretty heavy.
I don't know your corporate rates with Marriott, but on public rates HI Makati is about a half of Marriott's price, and HI / CP Ortigas even lower.

P. S. "With a non Filipino foreign passport you only pay the 10% service fee of the ++ which is great for this location."
Didn't get the point. Do locals pay more? Never heard taxes & fees may differ depending on nationality. How does it work?