FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My first First Class flight (via a convoluted route!)
Old Jun 2, 2018, 1:09 am
LBP2

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Enjoy! At your price point, I'm pretty sure you'll find First to be worth it....

I sometimes feel for the people complaining about First after they have spent the equivalent of a small car on a flight. But for many of us, flying on heavily discounted fares or using special upgrade offers/vouchers it can be great value!

This exactly, I'll be on my 7th F in a couple of weeks and 5 of them have been because F was cheaper than CW at time of booking (which I still find completely mad), one cost me 30k Avios and the one coming up on Friday cost me 27k Avios into what looks like an empty cabin at the moment (2F released last Weds). Mostly achieved because of what I have picked up on here So I have a very different set of expectations and think myself extremely lucky to be there (and even like the burger!) than someone who's had to spend hard cash on what I've been able to experience for precisely £0 - indeed actually 'saving' a few £ based on the fare differentials!

(edited to add example of what I am looking at for my Auugust trip, making it my 8th)

As an example, checking for my August trip...

Last edited by LBP2; Jun 2, 2018 at 2:04 am