FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Claiming missing FB miles - currently impossible
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:41 pm
cpmed43

As data point for another somewhat related issue, I tried transferring Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Flying Blue (I wanted to book one of the shorter routes that is actually cheaper now as of June 1st) and it did not transfer instantly as it usually does. Has been 24 hours+ now. I called Chase and they said it went through on their end. I called Flying Blue and the agent was actually quite helpful and said he could see the transfer, but it was not processing and that they had had similar issues with multiple customers since the recent switch in the Flying Blue program. I asked if they could put the award reservation on hold for me until the points came through, and they actually did one better and issued the ticket by letting me "borrow" miles (my account has a negative mileage balance right now). He said it would then use the miles automatically once they eventually transfer. I was pleasantly surprised they actually were able to help me out at Flying Blue to lock in the award I wanted on only one phone call!