FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ to codeshare with Qantas
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:57 pm
NZbutterfly

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
IME QF never offered JQ NZ flights in conjunction with TT QF flights. But at times EK did.
For the most part JQ operates separate to QF

CI / QF already codeshare CHC-MEL-TPE but QF will not sell me a QF coded CHC MEL ticket on CI operated flight (I have asked). During summer CI is my most common airline MEL<--->CHC. A schedule that suits me, prices low and at times business class can be a little than NZ economy.
Did you try booking with CI? I booked AKL-BNE with them. I'm not sure CI are flying MEL-CHC anymore or in the coming summer. Had a quick look at CI's website randomly Nov 26 and basically codeshares listed with JQ/QF/NZ/VA/QF. No prices just X's and planes. Must be some negotiations taking place. Checked a Dec date also. But no actual CI aircraft listed. The link I posted was from May 30, 2018 planned for June 1, 2018 so you may need to check your options later. Just credit it to CI or your SkyTeam programme of choice.

Anyway, in light of this QF/NZ tie up, I don't think it would be fair if Qantas codeshares with CI as well. They would have every alliance in their back pocket AND EK on SYD-CHC, leaving VA out in the cold (as if the QF/NZ tie up wasn't enough of a blow).