FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I hate business travelers.
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:22 am
catsfroggy1
formerly atomicfront

Originally Posted by Badenoch
What you consider depressing another person would find peaceful. Frequent business travel requires certain personality traits including a degree of self-reliance, independence and curiosity. It is not suited for people who prefer a sociable environment that is reliable and predictable.

There are times when it can get old but I've seen, learned and done more than staying in the office. It's not for everyone but if you are adaptable and willing to keep an open mind it can be a very rewarding component of your career.
Yeah when I was young and single I traveled for business but know married and with a family I couldn't imagine every traveling frequently away from my family. But even when I did travel frequently for business we would go out to clubs and restaurants with co-workers after business day ended. I guess some people choose the full time travel lifestyle are what you are saying? Socially inept? I worked with a guy who had 4 kids and he chose to travel all the time so he wouldn't have to help raise the family. But he was a big drinker so he was fun to hang out with.