FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 NEWBIE LOUNGE Ask Your "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old May 31, 2018, 8:57 pm
Bradhattan

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by AAdamE
Congrats on getting upgraded. Seat changes being controlled by the airport happens to me from time to time. It seems to happen on fuller flights and anyone at the airport can help you. I would try DMing the AA twitter team, they can work miracles.
I think I figured it out.......This is a same day return with multi-legs: GRR-ORD-IAH-DFW-GRR....While it appeared to be a round trip when I booked, AA.com makes it look as: GRR (2 stops with plane changes) -DFW and then DFW-GRR, like it was two one ways yet one PNR. Online check-in worked for all legs but wouldn't allow seat changes to the legs that were more than 24 hours before departure (even though the upgrades occurred for some legs in advance of 24 hours - assuming due to the first leg within 24 hours of departure). Once each flight hit the 24 hr mark, the seat change would stick....also assuming due to being elite upgrades and not paid FC.
All speculation of course! I still managed to get a favorable seat albeit my first choice had disappeared by the time I could get the change to stick.