FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2018, 3:12 pm
HUGE AL

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, BA Gold, AA 1MM, LM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D6, SPG Plat, Hertz President's
Originally Posted by Ajm1987
Hi all, got this all ready to book. Just wanted to sense check one thing. I have a 43m domestic connection on the way back in LAX. Is this likely to cause any problems? If I do miss it, my next flight out of JFK isn't until 17:40 the next day so don't think it's the end of the world - if it was the last flight out would AA have a duty of care to give me a hotel overnight in LAX or is that just an EU thing? Excited to be doing my first TP run, and will get me gold in my first year of being totally obsessed by all of this stuff.
I've flown ex-PHX with a connection in LAX. Advised to allow a good buffer as the flights are not always on time and with the full addition of T5, you have to traverse two terminals.

Originally Posted by samwilliams88
Hey All,
I wonder if I could pick some knowledge on this. I am currently sat on 790 Tier Points. I am off to SFO on Sunday in W Return. This will leave me on (if I calculate it right) 970 Points.
Now, is there any Tier Point runs available, July or First half of August which will get me over the line for Gold? My Tier point year ends 8th August, but can extend for two weeks if needed.
I fly out of LHR also.
Was hoping you were looking for something ex-SFO so it would add on to my query :

Originally Posted by HUGE AL
Did a few SFO-LAX-PHX-LGB returns when they use to net 360 TP for ~£350 and then flew the AMS-LGW-JER run. Today, SFO-LAX-PHX-LAS return came up less than LGB at 240 TP for ~£432.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.