FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't get through to Marriott Reservations
Old May 30, 2018, 9:03 pm
sinfonia

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Calls today:

1st call: disconnected after 20 minutes
2nd call: disconnected after 10 minutes
3rd call: disconnected after 15 minutes
4th call: I lied and said I wanted to talk about points (even though I wanted to talk about reservations) and got through to the platinum desk who helped me with a reservation. They told me it was a 3-day cancellation so I made a series of reservations, only to find, after the call, that one of them for the same property as the others was a 30-day cancellation (which would have already passed two days ago), so I had to call back again . . .
5th call: disconnected after 8 minutes
6th call: disconnected after 15 minutes
7th call: I lied again and said I wanted to talk about points (even though I wanted to talk to reservations) and got through to a platinum desk who told me that the last day to cancel on that reservation was today. She read me what was on her screen and I read her what was on my screen - for the exact same reservation, we had two different cancellation policies which varied by two days. She told me that the system has been haywire since the beginning of the merger.