FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone else buy their own mini-shampoo and soaps?
Old May 30, 2018, 2:18 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Rebelyell
Now that Marriott is going to get rid of soap and shampoo (except for dispensers) I expect that I will just carry my own for most trips and use it as needed. Does anyone else buy or plan to buy mini-soaps and shampoos for travel? Will Marriott's decision to get rid of soap and shampoo make you more or less likely to stay there? Just curious? Also, FWIW, the brand I bought was Bergman Kelly. The shampoo has a light scent and the soap reminds me a bit of Ivory, which is a good thing. I'd love to buy some of those nice bars of soap that Hilton uses, but my guess is that they would cost a lot more.
Your post prompted me to search the Marriott forum and I found this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...hotels-10.html

AFAICT, it's for the lower rung brands of Marriott... like Fairfield and Courtyard... are you saying this is for all Marriott properties?
Four Points by Sheraton and Aloft (not sure which others in Starwood) also do dispensers, so this seems to be in line with that.

As for bringing my own - I do bring my own, but they are hotel ones I take with me, and I do so for "just in case" purposes, not necessarily for use at a property that has dispensers.