FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2018, 7:45 am
OverTheHorizon

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by onobond
Are you referring to a type B2B transit, then you're propably right. In the ALG-JFK thread it was disadvised to B2B, but even arriving from the same country, as Vueling has a very early flight BCN-ALG, that would let you have the time needed for the transfer. I'm not advocating any 'self-transfer at the gate', or to 'get lost near the gate' in a country like Algeria, or in any visa requiring country.

Because of your very definite statement, I called the consular section of the Algerian embassy, describing my plans to fly in from Paris in the morning, not leaving the airport, departing for Madrid early afternoon.The man, to whom the call was transferred, was very clear. "Like all over the world, you don't need a visa if not leaving the airport". There are , of course exceptions from this in some countries, but that was the official Algerian policy. The B2B situation was , however, disadvised. Also the return to the same country was not really a 'transfer' in the visa aspect, however much it was in the flying aspect. There was never any mentioning of what passport I held, and possible implications on the same situation.

Hence, waiting for Air Algerie to put flights into the scheme for the time I need, or for plan B go with AF. My plans will still, with official confirmation, be TWOV on both ends of my ALG-JFK trip
Well, good luck. The website of the Algerian Consulate in London very definitely talks about a Transit Visa so I think I will stick to the written statement rather than a verbal assurance... but your attitude to risk may well be different

Please let us know what happens on the day...