FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting / airport transit inside PVG Shanghai Pudong [Merged PVG connection thread
Old May 30, 2018, 4:41 am
jbfield

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by TTC192Rocket
According to the PVG website, only a few *A carriers are listed who can do the "easy" Int-Int transfer: Shanghai Airport (Group) Limited

I'm flying on an AC-TG connection, 1 ticket. Will I have to head downstairs, face the long queue, run out and back upstairs, and face the length security and CIQ outbound as well? I have about 2 hours and 15 minutes and am flying in J, no checked luggage, if that helps.

I did a CA-SQ connection about years ago and had to exit all the way out to the public area. I'm worried that I'll have to do the same again.

Thanks for any light you can shine!
There appears to be a transfer desk for Air New Zealand, Lufthansa and Swiss (https://airportmap.staralliance.com/...ml?airport=PVG).
I think for Air Canda and Thai Airways you will indeed need to proceed through immigration and back through departures. I think without baggage, 2.25 hours will be enough, the MCT for same terminal transfers is 2 hours anyway. It will be a hassle of course. There *may* be fast track departure immigration available if you are in business class...(see map). Make sure you get your boarding pass issued for both flights when you first check-in.

FWIW, I just did an international-international connection in PEK (CA-CA) using the official transfer process; it still took 40 minutes (no fast track)!
And it was just as well I got the boarding pass at my initial departure point as the "transfer desks" were not staffed.