FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old May 29, 2018, 11:22 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by kauppias
I have some meetings booked past Aug 01 and no changes have appeared in the contract language. I doubt any changes would appear pre Aug 01, but seels silly to not disclose such changes in advance as many plan events a long time out...
First, MR is not governed by the reservation, it's governed by the T&Cs.

Second, I agree it would be wrong not to disclose any changes by now, but Marriott has not. The terms of the new program have not yet been announced but they have made it clear the new Rewarding Events will begin in Aug.

Third, nobody knows if there is going to be a change, but there is a group of FT participants who are convinced there will be. There is nothing solid that indicates if they are right or wrong. There is language in the members.Marriott marketing materials that says you get ten points for your first meeting which some see as an indication after that you will not get ten points. There is other language that suggests there might be other big changes, but since the new program has not been announced, who knows?

Bottom Line: Do we know if there will be changes? No. Do I think there might be changes? Probably not immediate ones. Are there people on here thinking there will be changes? Yes. Can it be shown they are right or wrong? No. So anyone relying on future meeting points should be aware this is a possibility.