FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Rumor] More Polaris "Enhancements" coming May 1, 2018? ...
Old May 29, 2018, 9:29 pm
kirkwoodj

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Joshua

Boarding was about 1/3 of the plane in Group 1 (or so it seemed) with no opportunity for Polaris J pax to board ahead of the line snaking around the concourse of Group 1 lice, unless one wanted to be rude and push forward.

On arrival in SYD, no lounge / arrivals options (a thoroughly discussed problem elsewhere), other than eating and drinking your way through the $38 or whatever Priority Pass allowance. Same story at BNE. Since I needed to be presentable that morning, I took advantage of the Rydges Hotel during my layover for the BNE flight.

Overall, doesn’t seem United is going to do much to merit earning premium cabin dollars - which shows since these flights sometimes don’t even go out full in J. At a 17.5 hour flight it’s a good use of a GPU. The price at $9000 round trip on offer at the time for Polaris seems a poor value compared to what is available on other carriers, unless one just really needs a nonstop from IAH.
1. Polaris boarding is with group 1, not separate, so “pushing forward” would have been inappropriate.

2. Essentially no landside arrivals facilities at SYD for anyone, unless you have club access for a connecting flight. This is not unique to UA.

3. Glad your GPU cleared!