FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old May 29, 2018, 8:26 pm
jeanie

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Marriott reservations and contracts that mention Rewards incorporate the terms and conditions which allow Marriott to change the program at will and be the final arbiter of any questions that arise under the program, so the contract for each event allows Marriott to change the number of points awarded. To advise otherwise is irresponsible.

The current program rules point out that you get ten points for the first meeting which is enough to reach Silver. The new marketing materials also state this which leads people to think there might not be similar credit for additional meetings. The bottom line is until the new program's rules are released we will not know. Claiming contract law protects anyone with a reservation is incorrect given the written contract. Telling members they are protected when that is not true is irresponsible. Members should know there is no guaranty that they will get ten points per meeting after the start of the new program and keep looking for a definitive answer.
Remembering back to my meetings last year, I don't think the 10 nights per meeting was expressly stated in my contract. However, I don't have that contract with me right now. If it's not expressly stated in the contract terms, then you are right - Marriott doesn't have to provide it.

It would also be interesting to see if the wording of the contract changes for meetings held after August 1, 2018.