View Single Post
Old May 29, 18, 3:02 pm
OverTheHorizon

Programs: BA GGL, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by onobond View Post
Presently having issues with ITA Matrix, so very sorry for not being able to give you examples.
Didn't know about a ALG-BWI fare, the ALG-JFK fare, more info here is very generous, not only being fully flexible, and lower than quoted, but also with unusual routings allowed. Using this fare for Baltimore, my preference would be the LAX-JFK lie-flat transcon both ways and connect to Baltimore by air/train/car.

On Friday, my trusted TA made a reservation for me flying ALG-MAD-LHR-LAX-JFK (18h) -LAX (stopover 10d) -LHR-MAD-ALG, fare 1109. As this is an ALG-JFK ticket, the stop in JFK (as also LAX) can be both longer and shorter, no min stay requirement.

LAX has a newly rebuilt Flagship Lounge in T4, and in TBIT there are the QF lounges.

There is a way around the Visa need - I'll be positioning to PAR. AF has a morning flight CDG-ALG, and Air Algerie (AH) , with good reviews, flies from both CDG and ORY, although the morning flight from CDG arrives 2h10 before the IB flight to MAD. Personally, when transiting in an airport unknown to me, I'd prefer more margins. Returning in the afternoon to PAR, after your final segment, you'll go TWOV on both occasions, saving time and money.

720 TP, not counting positioning flights, for 1.1K equals to 1.54/TP, which is one of the better with European origin (Northern Africa is by IATA definitions part of Europe )
If you mean doing a self-transfer at the gate at ALG, my experience the other day was that this is impossible.

Arriving pax were routed straight to passport control, no chance to "get lost neat the gate" as you never enter the departure lounge.

UK passport holders need a transit visa for ALG - TWOV is not available. The visa is quite a lot of paperwork, takes a couple of weeks and costs 85...

On the plus side, Algeria is a great destination and I will certainly go back before long.