FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Live disruption: AMS flights tonight - realistic to depart?
Old May 29, 2018, 1:09 pm
Upupintheair

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by 27Liam
An unfortunate day of disruption for me trying to get to a meeting in Eindhoven tomorrow at 1030. Sitting in galleries satellite B trying to decide whether to stick it out or cut my losses and go home

Originally scheduled on BA 8459 LCY-AMS at 1705, that got cancelled at around 1400.

Transferred to BA442 LHR-AMS. After a record breaking journey from Canary Wharf to LHR (<1hr thanks to train luck and sprinting), got to LHR with time to spare. En route the arrival time showed delayed 2233 but at the lounge this disappeared and told to go to B42. As I arrive at the gate, Pre-boarding showed on the screens, then returned to go to gate, then cancelled due to weather in AMS.

I went to the lounge to consider my options and get a text / email offering me BA444 which I accept on the app. After accepting it shows delayed until 2104 but the app now shows estimated arrival 0203! Not sure what they intend to do with us in the interim nor whether such a timing is even possible with LHR (and possibly AMS) curfews.

So I ask my fellow FTers as I enjoy a well earned drink in Satellite B lounge, what would you do? Seems like my flight is in jeopardy given unrealistic arrival time, should I just cut and run? What happens to refund if I do so? Or should I stick it out and expect an improved arrival time.

Sitting here at AMS airport (with a two hour delay) and loads of delays and cancellations, almost everything is red on the screens. There were many thunderstorms in the area. Things seem to be clearing up but there will be a knock on effect. Hope your flight gets moved forward somewhat.