FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2018, 7:38 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Savage25
Latest Chase free night upgrade offer. No thanks.

" We are very pleased to offer a preferential upgrade rate of US$ 190 ++ (21% service charges and tax applies) per night for two adults from Resort Classic to our Club Intercontinental Room and free upgrade to our Club Duplex Suite as part of your Ambassador benefit."
Hahaha, "preferential". In the past 150$++ was as bad as it would go during peak season. This is the exact rate differential between a Best Flex Resort Classic and Club room for random dates in Jul & Aug so just call it what it is, difference between the two room categories.

General prices for some F&B and room service and all have also gone up since the new GM, Resort Mgr and Exec Chef came in last year. KO Teppanyaki dinner menu went up ~200k++ IDR from 5xx to 7xx for our usual menu item. A room service menu Nasi Goreng now runs 180k++ IDR which is more than some Pizza I saw on it that was 160k++ IDR IIRC and had Parma ham on it. Go figure .

Someone is pushing their luck in my book and while the IC is a good property it is by far not the only one. I guess the investment for room refurbishments must come in from somewhere.

Last edited by demue; May 29, 2018 at 7:29 pm