FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-Polaris swap to/from Polaris seat re-assignment process?
Old May 28, 2018, 10:24 pm
phkc070408

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Non-Polaris swap to/from Polaris seat re-assignment process?

I was thinking about this earlier this week and coincidently saw that a few other people had similar concerns.

With the limited number of Polaris fitted aircraft and them being mixed in (772 and 763) with the current fleet, the chances of an aircraft swap are higher than normal and thus seat assignments will get jockeyed. Are there any strategies to selecting your ideal seats on a regular aircraft and not getting moved to an undesirable seat if the aircraft is changed to a Polaris aircraft?

For example, my wife really likes window seats. On the pmCO 772, we normally pick 1KL if it's available. If the plane were swapped with the Polaris aircraft, we would like two window seats, even if one of them is an even numbered seat. Getting moved into the middle section of the plane would not make us happy.

Other reasons for selecting a particular seat are the larger footwells, proximity to the galley / lav and the light, traffic, and noise around those seats, etc.

I was thinking a good basis for this thread would be to try and figure out if there is a pattern as to what seat on a non-polaris aircraft gets moved to on a Polaris aircraft. Also to be discussed could be how to handle when you are moved to an un-ideal seat, especially on a flight with a full J cabin and no where to move to.