FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SEA-BKK F/J Award Help: SPG, Chase UR, Amex MR
Old May 28, 2018, 8:52 pm
ikonos

Programs: Curr Noob, Ex Road Warrior
Originally Posted by Duke787
Is AS an option from your SPG stash?

If so, it's a very strong option for you here:

1) JL (searchable on AS website -- which of course you can then use to book with AA miles if needed)

2) KE via a few different places (with AS as the connection to LAX/SFO/YVR)

3) Hainan via PEK at 50k for J (though the random dates I searched only have J to PEK and then Y for the 5 hour flight to BKK)
JL is absolutely possible and have been looking on BA and QF site out of YVR, SFO and LAX for the last couple hours. I did not know JL is searchable on AS website. Thanks for the suggestion. According to AS website KE charges like 120k points one way (I hope that is both ways) and if that is true, it is out. Don't know about Hainan but SO is apprehensive of secondary Chinese carriers after a bad trip on China Southern J last year.
Surprisingly EY with AA miles might be a possibility out of LAX, thought it is a longer route and I generally had decent experience with its J product.

Update: Just a FYI, AS mileage chart says JL one way award to Asia in J is 60k miles, but AS website booking system is calculating it at 65k miles. Is it just a scenario of AS not updating the award chart or reflection of an upcoming devaluation?

Last edited by ikonos; May 28, 2018 at 9:19 pm