View Single Post
Old May 28, 18, 12:16 pm
mmxbreaks

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by greenmeadie View Post
Hi All,

I'm currently Silver and thinking about a tier point run to get to Gold before the end of my year - 8th Sept.

I have to go to LHR-LAX (via any route) at the end of June (looking at WT+), returning end of July and then again LHR-LAX at the end of Aug returning late Oct (so the return wouldn't be in my earning year). I need to get 700 tier points. My WT+ flights would get me 300 or so, but need to make up the rest. I have time during these trips to do some runs so any thoughts/ideas would be fantastic!

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

James
Depends how much you're willing to spend, in part.

My advice would probably be to reposition away from Heathrow. Something like BUD-LHR-JFK-LAX-LAS (then drive back to LAX, or fly if you want) in business is around 1580 (and 720TP).

There's also good premium economy offers on ARN/OSL-LHR-LAX (think it can be re-routed via JFK, can't remember) for around 700. Won't yield the same TP as above by a long stretch though (maybe 220TP).

There was a JER-PDX in business (680TP, but I'm not sure if it's still around, worth exploring (JER-LHR-JFK-LAX-PDX-LAX-JFK-LHR (no JER completion, otherwise it ups the cost)).

A number of options anyway, that'll put you in a position to drive/fly back to LA and nest in flights accordingly to have a rewarding and comfortable flight(s) for a relative bargain.