FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maldives Recs for 2019 trip
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2018, 1:24 am
chinmoylad
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by FTstudent
I'm planning a trip for August. Lucky to come across this thread.
Last weekend I barricaded myself in my office and plowed through the details on as many resorts as I could stand to look at. Same as the earlier poster, I’m arriving in the evening, so I gave preference to a speedboat transfer. I ended up picking O&O too, and booked a water villa with pool a few days ago. I will make sure I look at the other recommendations from everyone else.Here’s my shortlist. (not all of them are speedboat)
  1. One and Only Reethi Rah
  2. Huvafen Fushi
  3. Baros
  4. AYADA Maldives
  5. Milaidhoo Island
  6. Hurawalhi Island Resort
I might have gone with Huvafen, but I was disappointed with the size of the villa pools. BTW - I saw another reviewer very critical on the F&B prices at Huvafen. I am very curious about Baros. It looks like a good all-around option, maybe not as fancy.

Have a look at COMO Maalifush which does 4/3, 7/5 with half-board (on paid nights) and 50% off on seaplane transfers (bringing them down to almost speedboat rates).

Also, haven't tested these but Fairmont has a VERY, VERY good opening offer on (USD 600 and USD 700/night++ pretty much including as much as you could hope for) and the also recently opened Vakkaru.