FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - eChannel using passports
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2018, 12:33 pm
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by onuhistorian0116
I realize that each province and indepent city has their own immigration rules. But, some things are national, like a valid ten your tourist visa in an exoired passport or the eChannel. If my wife went to the Exit Entry Administion and asked for her visa to be transferred, they would refuse to do it.
Actually, the rules are the same. It is simply the difference on how they are enforced. FWIW - per my observation, as soon as your information is entered into the MPS system by any PSB, you should be able to use the eChannel regardless of the POEs in question.

But the problem is visa is at the national level and is not issued by MPS, but MFA instead, which is similar to the U.S. (State Department issues visa, but CBP controls the immigration). Of course - no PSB will take care of that for you.

Also - don't forget one of the major issue - Chinese is the official language. So when you communicate in English, PSBs have all the excuses not to understand (it is also one of the reasons why rules against foreigners are lax than Chinese).