FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)
Old May 27, 2018, 5:25 am
teemuflyer

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NoY
Sorry to hear that. Incidentally, I left the F lounge & went into the J side following my non-meal. Many items were identical to those offered in the F side. Same soup, same pasta options, etc.

As I was scouting the lunch options the Head Chef appeared by my shoulder & asked what he could prepare for me (he got the word from F staff) He then prepared spaghetti aglio olio which was perfectly al dente & pretty tasty.

The whole catering side needs a damned good kick up the butt & some decent management. Otherwise it will continue to be amateur hour. They need to get themselves over to CX HKG lounges & get a shot of quality & expertise in action.

So sad really, because the hard product is now pretty decent.
As disappointing as your experience was in the beginning I'll give them some credit for service recovery with the Head Chef addressing your concerns. I'm sure he in turn will be taking closer attention on the pasta doneness with his line cooks.

I have not had the spaghetti aglio olio in the new F lounge, but had it in the new main terminal lounge and found it really nice..