FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Cologne (Köln) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 5, 2004, 3:35 pm
peter42

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SethLevy
I just stayed here. The weather was excellent! The days were warm and sunny and there was a veyr nice breeze at night. Unfornately the AC was not working very well, (it just blowed air, neither cool or hot) and the windows do not open open. All in all, the room was uncomfortably hot. Had it been warmer outside, I would have had to check-out of the hotel The Dom Hotel looked good, or maybe because it was just that the windows opened. Something to think about if you find yourself in Koln in the summer.

With that said, the price was right (Euro 112) and they took my suite upgrade. RC was very small and smokey.

Sleeping without air from the windows or AC was really hard. I have been to Europe before in the summer and know AC is an issue, but at every hotel I have stayed in at least the windows open so you can get some air.
I have to disagree here, even though the HR Köln is by not one of our favourite Hyatts in D.
The RC is fairly large actually, never had a problem to find seats there, most of the time it was fairly empty and was staffed really good.

In Europe the windows in hotels do not open all way for security reasons.