FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thalys: How to select forward-facing seats at time of purchase
Old May 25, 2018, 9:40 am
Lomapaseo
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
[quote]
Is this the website to which you are referring?

If so, after you select the train, you will see "Seat Preference". Click on it. You will then see a drop down menu with options including "no preference", "seats next to each other", and "seats around a table". No other specifics.

For me, the last option should guarantee one seat facing forward, assuming Thalys honors the seat selection request.

I'll actually be taking another Thalys train from AMS to Gare du Nord but I will be on my own. From what I see, there is no way I can reserve a seat facing forward. I'll have to move around to avoid motion sickness from seating in backward facing seats.
  • The web site I was using was
    https://www.thalys.com/de/en/

However I am quite disappointed with that website compared to something like the UK web sites (Virgin etal.)
    I like to save trip favorite requests without paying a fee that I can go back to with a click a month later to book (at the going rate). I can't do that with Thayls