FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The new BiTB dodge - gatechecking and carrying on
Old May 25, 2018, 2:08 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by duncgor
aghast
Originally Posted by bisonrav
shameless
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
it's definitely happening
And yet BA will also get in the neck if some Group1 person can't get their bag in "their" overhead. There are 2 versions of this: one where BA asks for people to come forward and give their bags over to a central collection area right by the gate agent's desk, so there's limited scope for the dodge there. The passengers concerned then board ahead of Group 1 with their bag still in the main building. The other variation, which is admittedly easier for all concerned, is tagging the bag at the gate, allowing the passenger to board, on scout's honour they will leave the bag at the collection point on the airbridge join point, where in the case of T5 there are signs and pictograms for strollers. I've no doubt that some of BA's beloved passengers then have a senior moment as they walk past.

I hope I'll be forgiven for the selective quotes.