FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Separate ticketing / PNR: AA, oneworld, through baggage & protection issues > 2016
Old May 24, 2018, 10:28 pm
FlightNurse
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I can get a Y award ORD-PHL pretty easily almost any day of the week if booked far enough in advance. It is the first flight of the day (departing at 05:00 and arriving 08:00). It is even likely to end up being a domestic saver first award as time goes on. The issue is the QR flight leaving for DOH departs PHL at 20:55 or a 13 hour layover. I've done enough connections at PHL to not look forward to any extensive layovers there. IMO the ACs at PHL are nothing special and the BA lounges aren't much better.

The cost of a positioning flight ORD-PHL in domestic F is usually well below $300 so I am willing just to buy it. I just want to be able to interline our bags so we don't have to exit security, claim our bags and then wait until 18:00 for QR check in to open.

Hopefully I can work it out as JJeffry suggests.
it won't work, there is enough data from people who have tried. So either get into PHL early and go into town and enjoy yourself OR exit security get your bag and recheck it. I'm facing this same issue in Nov, I couldn't get a Flight from PHX-LAX on my award even in Y, so I bought a ticket. We are in F on our flight from LAX-LHR, the only saving grace is will be FlagShip check in in LAX.