Old May 24, 18, 6:55 am
david55

Originally Posted by kouichi View Post
Hi everyone. I have a trip to this Hyatt Ziva PV coming up and I have crawled through the thread a bit but couldn't find some info that I'm looking for. I'd appreciate it if you could help with your experience on these:

1. How was transportation arranged from PVR to/from the resort? (It seems that Uber is available! has anyone tried?)

2. Do the restaurants require dinner reservations to get in? I'm hoping to try MelanZane and Casa Grande

3. I have booked here with the Hyatt CC sign up certs and the room type is partial ocean view with king size bed at the main tower. Are these rooms n the quieter side of the resort? If not, which area is the quieter area? (it seems that south towers toward the south end are noisier?)

I have also emailed the questions to a Concierge at this hotel but so far they have just been dodging these questions from the responses. Thank you for your help!
1. Most use the effective taxi lined up right outside the airport doors. You pay at a window just after exiting the customs hall ( priced by zone) and are whisked away to the resort. Not sure I would mess with Uber since the taxis pretty much have the transport system locked up.

2. They did not when I was there...only the small " private' dining room that seats 8 for special occasions. One note.... the food at the resort unfortunately continues to be the weakest part of the experience. When I was there 2 years ago it was horrid. I have heard it is marginally better. All the ingredients are there...they just don't know how to put it together to taste good.

3.The hotel is two towers. What I think to be the main would be the north remodeled building. The South is un remodeled ( maybe re-freshed) and houses their Club level on the higher floors. I would think the North would be the quietest...the south having a bit more activities around its base and closer to the pools. What makes me a bit suspicious about your reservation is the " partial view". All the rooms are full on ocean view..... unless you might be in a lower floor which could be blocked by foliage. I would clarify that. Lower floors are not the best.

Last edited by david55; May 24, 18 at 7:00 am