FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old May 23, 2018, 11:02 pm
geminidreams

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by CJKatl
I am not offended by the adult entertainment, I just don't want to have to walk through it every time I leave the hotel. The suites are on par with the Marquis and not as nice as the Soi 57 where the bath has outside windows, a huge soaking tub and there is an additional half bath to boot. And while the Soi 57 property is farther out, it is still close in, is in the great Thong Lo neighborhood and is steps from the BTS instead of the long slog through ping pong shows. The views are spectacular and the lounge is quite good.
During the day you dont walk through any of it. I like going to some of the bars and listening to live music there. About the only views in BKK that are even mildly interesting from my perspective were for the rive at ROS. Usually I will stay at 2 or 3 locations in a trip and of the SPG hotels I have never stayed at LMS and rarely at STR or SGS due to pricing/value for money. They all have there own pros and cons and in the end we favour those that mostly meet our particular expectations.