FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Group Boarding 2018 - first hand experiences
Old May 23, 2018, 9:02 am
Diver Boy

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by Fitch
Diver Boy, it seems clear to me that BA staff performance ratings / bonuses are driven more by on-time departure than adherence to Group Boarding process. While that remains the case, proper Group Boarding will always be a poor cousin to getting the aircraft away...
I think we all know that BA are driving cost efficiencies and targeting staff performances towards achieving the efficiencies which means they do not pay attention to actually enforcing some of the good policies they bring out ie group boarding. As has been said these should not be exclusive, if they actually enforced the procedure correctly on every flight then boarding would run smoother.

I had a Finnair flight this morning from a T3 bus gate and they managed to get group boarding working correctly. First bus was away just as I got to the gate but the next one was called as Groups 1 and 2 only. They actually had staff checking the boarding passes to ensure correct group. This bus also went not packed to the rafters, people still in the pen. Difference seemed to be AY pays for the buses but also the staff want to follow policy. This removed the excuse others have given that gates in T3 do not allow enforcement. They do if the staff step up. There were the same staff numbers BA use but they seemed to be more proactive. I know we criticise the BA GA's but they do need support from the company which doesn't seem to happen, they launch something in a blaze of publicity which is either poorly thought out, a lack of training or the company gets immediately distracted and doesn't follow up to ensure that all staff follow the procedures