FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2018, 8:05 am
Wozza2404

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by littlevoices
So, I'm surprised I can't see it in the wiki (or a simple post), could anyone share with me a simple/low risk way to get my 4 BA flights in the minimum time possible.. due to circumstances mainly beyond BA's control I am likely to be travelling in Asia over the next year and my only definite trip back to the UK will be on CX as there is no way I am going to pay BA 25% less than CX for a BA premium economy fare (GUV'd to J) vs an ex-HKG CX fare in CX business class. As such I need to get in my 4 BA flights since I will easily hit 1500TPs and do like my CX first class lounge access.

Criteria: Flights in one day, or less, ideally starting in LON and ending in MAN/LDS, 4 flights. Cheap and cheerful is fine as I don't need any TPs, would just prefer low risk (i.e. outstations with plenty of flights so if one is cancelled I can be shifted around) as most important to me are the 4 flights, coming back to the UK from HKG to do the others (or trying to do SIN-SYD 4 times) wouldn't be fun. Bonus points if the destination(s) have a nice lounge. I was presuming AMS would be the best (i.e. LHR-AMS-LHR-AMS-LCY), then a train north, but is there a circular routing anyone can think of using codeshares?

This is in August and my available days are Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I've got another year till my TP year expires so no need for a specific date (yet)
There are a few weekend flights out of MAN to destinations other than LON over the weekends in the summer.

I'd look at a simple LHR-LUX/BOD/DUB-LHR return for two flights (usually cheapest destinations), then LHR-FLR and return FLR-MAN if you can get it to work.

Alternatively just do 4 MAN shuttles on the same day and be done with it.