FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott FAQ Master Thread
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2018, 11:32 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This may be a silly question - I am planning stays for Plat Challenge and notice the Marriott Reward Member Rate (cancellable) is always the lowest among the public discount rates such as AAA and Senior Rates. However it also says Please note: Non-commissionable rate versus the AAA or Senior Rates only say about Valid ID required.
Does the Marriott Reward Member Rate is an eligible rate to earn Stay / Night? The FAQs on Marriott site do not touch this topic. I assume it would since this is a form to award loyalty as a benefit to become a member and book direct. But I want to make sure this. The difference is $5 lower than Senior and AAA rates and only $1 higher than the nonrefundable rate. Since I need to do 9 stays, even $5 difference adds up.
Furthermore, this is a Springhill. Somehow the Member Rate is put under "package" = the word "package" bothers me as in the T&Cs. Package is not considered eligible rate.
Rooms booked through third party online retailers, such as Expedia.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline.com, Tripadvisor.com or any other 3rd party online/mobile travel portal (regardless of how the hotel is paid) are not eligible for Points or Elite night credit. Wholesale rates, wholesale packages, Fam-Tastic® rates, travel industry rates and organized tours or package bookings are not eligible for Points or Elite night credit regardless of booking channel.

This is bothersome because the hotel lists the Member Reward Rate under "Packages".

Can anyone confirm the Marriott Reward Rate is good to use for pay stays to do the Challenge, even it says Non-Commissionable?

Last edited by Happy; May 23, 2018 at 12:04 am