FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No SkyMiles gesture for any delayed baggage on international flights?
Old May 22, 2018, 7:07 am
lamprey

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium
Question No SkyMiles gesture for any delayed baggage on international flights?

I had a tight DL international connection in ATL that I barely made but my three checked bags did not. They were eventually delivered 36 hours later. I sent a concise, polite note to DL through their baggage web form asking for some SkyMiles for my inconvenience, but I got a form letter back saying, in part:

SkyMiles is [sic] available for customers who travel within domestic U.S. stations, including San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Since our records indicate your ticket included International travel you would not qualify for SkyMiles.
Please accept our apology for the unfavorable impression you received in this instance. We appreciate your selection of Delta and will always consider it a privilege to be of service.

On behalf of Air France, KLM and Delta Air Lines, we thank you for writing. We would like to offer our sincere apology for the difficulties you must have encountered when your luggage did not arrive with you on your trip.
I live in the city where I was traveling so I didn't have any reimbursable incidentals (which they asked about later in the letter). I just wanted a few thousand miles because I had to wait around for the clueless courier to drop off the late bags. Is this always the case? Should I have asked in a different way? (I'm a PM if that helps to know).