FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old May 22, 2018, 5:52 am
Ord Liza

Originally Posted by X-ON
Does anyone know if MAR is going to calculate our #years tenor from each program using the same criteria. I might be wrong but in SPG if you got bumped to platinum, say that you did not meet # nights criteria but you got bumped to platinum anyway, that year did not count against LT PLT . But are these type of tenor years going to count against the MPG tenors since I think that it was quite common (not to say it was routine) that MR bumped their members when close to a threshold. One could suspect in order to aviod awarding so many roll-over nights.
We don't know for sure; the Marriott agents have not been consistent as to whether or not all past years of status will count, regardless of the means of achieving status. Personally, I have had only one Marriott agent say that not all would count, while 2 agents told me they would all count. The Lurker has confirmed that years of status achieved using in part credit card nights will count, but we still do not have a direct answer as to years achieved through challenges, complimentary granting when close, "achievers", soft landings, etc.