FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old May 21, 2018, 3:33 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by phltraveler
I work at a larger company and thus most of my stay activity was not alone.
For five and ten years I worked for two of the largest companies on the planet, each top three, and almost always traveled alone, meeting our local sales team in various locations. Maybe 80% of nights were solo.

Here's my theory being P, PP, LTP and having traveled with those that were Top 50 at a given property... Being a repeat customer at a property is first and foremost in the pecking order. A dozen years ago, I checked into a property where I stayed three nights a month and the front desk manager apologized to me that the biggest suite was not available because a certain American Idol winner was staying in the suite. The winner paid for it. Totally off topic: This hotel also once hosted AI auditions where some household names tried out and one woman cursed up a storm in what became a defining rant for the show.

After that, level does not matter as much as reputation. I have never asked for an UG, demanded an UG, checked to see if I could get a suite online so as to prove one was available, etc. I truly believe Karma has helped me get a great UG percentage at P, PP and LTP.