FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why won't SNCF book this trip? (now within 60 days)?
Old May 21, 2018, 9:58 am
Mike Jacoubowsky

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Why won't SNCF book this trip? (ADDED- Finally booked at t-56 days)

This is an odd one. CDG TGV to Lourdes, connecting at Bordeaux. July 20th, exactly 60 days from now. The first segment can be booked separately (CDG-Bordeaux) but the second says "Not bookable yet" just like above. The second segment is a continuation of this train (which can't be booked out of Paris either)-
aris Montparnassedep 12:48TGV 8574
TGV Duplex Direction: Tarbes
Subject to compulsory reservation , Global price , Bar , space for wheelchairsBordeaux-St-Jeandep 15:02Daxdep 16:22Paudep 17:14Lourdesarr 17:39
This is very odd. The more I delay, the higher the ticket pricing gets for alternatives (the Montparnasse-Lourdes option), plus I don't want to risk it selling out. Is this unusual? Something special about the Bordeaux-Lourdes section? The only thing I've been able to figure out, that might be a clue, is that the Montparnasse-Lourdes train actually splits in two at Bordeaux, with one section heading to Lourdes, the other to Biarritz if I recall correctly. Thanks-

Last edited by Mike Jacoubowsky; May 25, 2018 at 1:31 pm