FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Calgary (including airport, YYC)
Old May 19, 2018, 10:16 am
BobMiller

Thanks for the tips guys. I had researched these two hotels a couple years ago for a trip that didn't come to fruition and it seemed at that time that the Marriott was older and run-down and Delta was preferred. Seems that there is a new Marriott there now so that changes things.

In the end I went with the Delta as it was a bit cheaper. And this stay is only for the convenience after arriving at 10 PM (midnight my time) and then leaving the next morning up to Red Deer. The Marriott would have been nice as we'd not "have to walk across the street" ...1st world problem, lol. Oh, yes, I recall that I picked the Delta as for the particular date the rate was considerably less than the Marriott. If they'd been closer I might have picked the Marriott for being new and inside the terminal.

As an aside, I took advantage of the link on the confirmation email to get a Hertz rental through Marriott/Delta. The rate for a week was really attractive and I believe saved me about $200 Cdn versus Travelocity, et al, and the Hertz site direct.

Again, thank you all for the tips.