FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old May 19, 2018, 4:25 am
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by dsquared37
What I find interesting about this is, for legacy MR members, status is based upon points only before 7/31, thereafter LTPP is only achievable by nights and years - and I don't think that's correct.
That’s incorrect. Per the FAQ:

CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.