Old May 18, 18, 12:47 pm
mdosu

Originally Posted by mav View Post
I called Chase Bank twice today and was told the only way to get the 100,000 points is to cancel the existing card and in 60 days apply for the new card. That is exactly what I did. I am greedy and wanted the whole 100,000. The clock is ticking for my 60 days

Originally Posted by hts View Post
20k. Cancelled it. Will wait 40 days (she said it normally takes 30-60 for the card to roll off credit reports) to apply tor it again with the 100k bonus. I have an MBA, but I don't understand their marketing department. Maybe someone smarter can explain their thinking on this one to me?
This is my plan too. I'm just as greedy as both of you. I just had my 3rd year anniversary with the premier card and I'm already sitting on 75k points, but for my next vacation, I need about 130k points for my redemption. Thanks for posting the 30-60 day strategy. My problem is, I cannot cancel today. I just did a $3k spend on the card and paid the bill. I need to wait for a statement cycle to post my points (and my extra elite night credit) before cancelling, which means I'm hoping this deal is still good 4 months from now.

My only thinking about their "marketing strategy" is that they're only interested in signing up new people. They already know if you're an existing card holder, they're doing something right to keep you. Based on what I'm reading, many people already threw in the towel and took the 10k/20k upgrade.