FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2018
Old May 18, 2018, 7:02 am
koriobg

Programs: IHG Diamond AMB, M&M SEN
InterContinental Sofia

InterContinental Sofia

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked 2xKing Bed Club Intercontinental received 1x1 King Bed Junior Suite (AMB upgrade) + 1xKing Bed Club Intercontinental
The Service Desk manager advised 1 King Bed Junior Suite is currently the highest available suite (the hotel is still being renovated)

How are the rooms?
The hotel is still smelling new. My suite was great. It was spacious with handy power outlets (including USB ports) and enough light.
In the bath there were L'Occitane toiletries, shower cabin with rainfall + bathtub. The strange thing was that there was no towel rack at the end of the bathtub like I am used to (the towels are under the sink).
The only negative side of the room was that the safe was not able to accommodate my 14" laptop in normal laying down position - I was able to put the laptop inside the safe but it was too big to close the door. Upon informing the frond desk agent she advised that she will pass the information.

How is the exec. lounge?
Small and quite located on the first floor on the left of the reception. We didn't see more than 4 people beside us. The staff was courteous. I highly recommend ordering Eggs Benedict for breakfast
I stayed during my birthday and was nicely surprised during my birthday's breakfast. Three ladies from the staff were singing Happy birthday and I received a cheesecake with macaroons and strawberries
What was good and what was bad?
+Staff (Especially the Service Desk manager)
+Location
+Room
+Club lounge
+Birthday cheesecake
+I had some initial issues with my AMB in room benefits which were sorted by the Service Desk manager lady

-Room safe (hopefully will be fixed soon)
-I heard the restaurant is not ready yet (we ate mostly outside) - the Mezzanine bar serves food until 11pm

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Rate ~200EUR/night (best flexible + 1000points/night) . Not too low but I will definitely return.