FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Selection Issues BA operated by AA
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2018, 5:01 am
AJHANSEN777

Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Is this a flight operated by AA? You will not be able to select seats on AA.com if it is a flight operated by Alaska (you should call Alaska in that case).

Another possibility is that there are not 8 unblocked seats to select. AA blocks a lot of seats for elites (especially on JFK-LAX, for example), so if all non-blocked seats are already taken, you may not be able to preselect seats now. That being said, I would think if this were the case, you would just see a seat map with all seats grayed out instead of no seat map at all.

The final possibility I can think of is that there is simply a glitch with the website. It would certainly not be the first time that has happened in my experience.
We booked through a travel agent who told us it was British airways but the flights are operated by AA.

I've looked at the seatmap on "expert flyer" which i've attached and you can see that there only seems to be middle seats left to pick as well as the ones at the back of the plane. But I cannot get this seat map to come up on the AA website. So many rows where people have chosen the middle seat - annoying!

I keep telling myself it must be a system glitch on the website but this glitch has gone on long enough now haha!