FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does ANA get any cheaper than this?
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2018, 1:28 am
sodaisei

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Hi, nobody is suggesting your marriage would be in peril because you did not take the direct flight TYO-JFK.
I am merely pointing out that the financial sting of betting on an app that predicts a cheaper ticket might dampen an otherwise happy honeymoon occasion. If a few hundred dollars are a deal-breaker, then I suggest to find creative routes for cheap tickets, or connect in the US (ORD/SFO/LAX).
If a few hundred dollars are not a deal-breaker, then I suggest to buy the tickets now, lock down the trip dates, and focus instead on your activities between the direct flights!
No problem mate, I was kidding. I will probably book the ANA flights soon as next month is bonus month.

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Just advice for the future. It is better to lock down the flights before accommodation. You can always find alternative (cheaper) accommodation for specific flight dates, but rarely can you find alternative (cheaper) flight for specific hotel dates.
Thank you. I agree with you, but NYC in Christmas is really bad for accommodation, and we found this rare airbnb place in Brooklyn so I wanted to get it asap even before the flights.