FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Proactive onboard drinks top up in Club World
Old May 16, 2018, 11:25 am
Fluzz

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by KARFA
what box is that? on the babybus you get a small individual box with two chocolates in, i am fairly sure it's placed on your tray. i don't remember ever seeing a larger box being offered around on CWLCY or exLHR CW. are you confusing this with a F flight?

also that's quite an achievement not to get top ups on the babybus considering the cc to passenger ratio and the small cabin. I can just about understand being forgotten sat in a window seat on a 777, but no idea how you would be forgotten on the babybus

this is odd, did no cc come near you in 10 hrs? how did you manage to get fed?

EDIT: sorry I don't mean to subject to to any kind of inquisition on your post, but certainly your experiences seem very surprising.
The Babybus was in 2015 and I distinctly recall a deep bronze coloured card box (i.e. a few layers) being offered round the cabin. On the way over I wasn't feeling well so declined (and it must have been bad if I declined chocolate) but on the way back I was well up for a bit of junk food. Same large cuboid box but none for me. There were only about 10 of us on the whole plane that time.

On the SEA flight I ate with my OH at his seat, I stood up when I heard him being asked about food a couple of hours in and we arranged it. Took a spirit and mixer then. After the meal I went back to my seat with said drink and that was it until landing. Didn't sleep, just sat and read. I was in the nose of the 747 and the other row 1 seat was empty which may have had a bearing. The crew member was very chatty on landing, standing in row 2 and giving us hints on things to do in the Pacific North West so it wasn't all bad but it was a "once in a lifetime" redemption and was distinctly underwhelming. Eh, it was a trip for my OH's 30th so at least he got to enjoy BA's hospitality (the train journey to downtown is distinctly blurry for him as I understand it).

EDIT to say: Both my OH and myself have extreme form for being forgotten, or more accurately not noticed, not just on planes. Many's the time we've had to speak up to avoid getting missed with the trays in economy, or try desperately to get a server's attention. People's eyes just seem to slide over us. We just laugh now, because what else is there for it? One could get very wound up by it!

Last edited by Fluzz; May 16, 2018 at 11:31 am