FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: Earning EQD / Elite Qualifying Dollars on AA & partner airlines (as of 2019)
Old May 16, 2018, 5:41 am
andersonCooper

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by SLINKYTRAVEL
I was just targeted (via email promo) to attain EXP until Jan 2020 if i can earn 35k EQM and 4K EQDs by September 7, 2018. I am VERY new to the AA EQD game. Would Really appreciate it if anyone knew some tips to help me get this done for the cheapest possible. I am starting at zero EDM and EQD. I am not looking to spend $4k in AA flights/codeshare. I literally just got back from a RTW flight with the family and a serious new Vacation/Business trip the next couple months are not in the cards, unfortunately. I assume this will require me to fly very very far on a discounted Biz class ticket on a partner airline after reading some of this thread ...but if anyone has any good ideas (or PM me pls for some of the loopholes) would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Side question: Does Barclays Aviator 3k EQDs for $25k spend hit immediately once you hit the $25k (within calendar year)? I would think this would be the best way to do this...
Please read the fine prints from the targeted promotion. In the past, similar fast track promotions only allow EQD earned from AA and its JV airlines, which means credit card earnings, other partners such as CX, do not count towards challenge EQD. Based on yesterday's posts I haven't seen anyone posted fine prints and T&C, so I am not certain about the specific requirements for the challenge this wave.