FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Full Meals @ (ORD) United Clubs - is there a schedule?
Old May 15, 2018, 12:53 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
My understanding is all the ORD clubs have (or at least, had) the hot meals during mealtimes. I believe this started back when the C club was closed for renovations, though lest we forget how long ago that was. Have not been to the new C club, but why they would have hot food at both B and the F ORD clibs, and not at the C, is beyond me.

I think main hot dishes at ORD are out in the morning for breakfast, then they transition right away to lunch, then stop for a couple of hours in the afternoon. (2-4’ish, maybe) and then come back for dinner - though I’m not sure what time that ends. I’ve definitely had the hot food at ORD F, though again, it’s been a while.

My understanding is the hot food was supposed to roll out to other clubs throughout the system, but never did. Speculation was they built, for example, the updated EWR A club with a kitchen for this, but never ended up using it. The speculation in here, though I don’t think it was ever substantiated, was that hot food at ORD was so popular that they didn’t want to spend that much in the rest of the system. Part of this would make sense with it not expanding, but part of me thinks it’s somethjng else, as in that case, wouldn’t they have removed the hot food from ORD clubs and just reverted back to soup, salad and snacks.