FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express personal Platinum (USA) metal card
Old May 15, 2018, 8:14 am
blaz

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Wow, just wow. If something as seemingly trivial as the physical characteristics of your credit card makes you this aggravated, then perhaps it's time to do something different. Switch to cash maybe? @:-)
When the metal card was originally released, there were literally pages of posts on this thread about how to get the card as soon as possible. There were even people from other countries voicing their displeasure with the fact they can't get it in their respective country. Nobody seemed to have found that weird.

I'm trying to provide a data point. My account is not compromised or expiring and my card is not damaged, lost or stolen. Yet Amex somehow feels the need to replace it early. The only reason I can find for that is that this is some kind of preemptive retention offer and the shiny metal object is supposed to convince me to keep the account. Honestly, I find that a sad move in the wrong direction. Instead of focusing on rewards and benefits, Amex is focusing on bling.