FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sri Lankan - NEVER AGAIN!!!
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2018, 8:13 am
Starz20

Sri Lankan - NEVER AGAIN!!!

Booked our flight via expedia with hotel as in a package.
HKG - CMB - MLE
02:00 - 06:00 - 07:25 - 08:15
All in UL, even though is a red eye flight but the journey only take around 9 hrs
MLE - CMB - HKG
09:25 - 11:20 - 13:55 - 22:00
Gonna be a long day especially leaving paradise but me and my family will able to arrive same day.

What happened was the airline UL reduced the numbers of flight to/from HKG CMB, and both my HKG CMB HKG legs got cancelled, NOW, it takes around 24 hours from HK to Male and 25hrs from Male back to HK.

Expedia CR, I believe they did try their best to help and to communicate with the airline.
End up they refuse to put us in direct flight to MLE by CX but let us take a CX flight to CMB but have 8hrs layover.

Sri Lankan Airline hotline and Email, hotline promised to call me back for re-arrangement but never heard from them. Filed a complaint letter by email, said they will investigate but again no sign of any update!!!!
Since we have a layover landing in CMB midnight, it's very common the airline will provide transit hotel Right? But the answer is NO, they said since you took CX to CMB, so hotel will no be provide!
Fine, maybe a lounge pass then? After many phone calls with promise from Expedia but still no sign of anything from the airline, just gonna tell myself that will be one and only with Sri Lanka Air!!!