FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A minor, but annoying upgrade issue
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2018, 6:23 am
Neville Sarkari

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
A minor, but annoying upgrade issue

Has anyone had this happen before? Yesterday (Monday 5/14) I was traveling PNS-ATL-SRQ. This issue happened on Flight 1600 from ATL-SRQ. The ticket was booked on April 28 in Economy and I chose 14A which is near the front. At some point in the days before my flight I was "upgraded" to First (RU) but I was not given a seat assigned. In fact, I was put on the standby list, my seat changed to "Assigned at Gate". I thought this was strange so I called the Diamond LIne around 5:09pm in Atlanta about 2 hours before the flight. I was told by the agent that this was normal and I would get a first class seat. Upon arriving at the gate, I still did not have a seat. Then, just seconds before boarding, I was assigned to seat 25E. At that point there was chaos at the gate which was very crowded (Gate B1) and I did not want to bother the gate agent with this seemingly trivial problem, she was dealing with computer issues and was a bit frazzled. The flight was fine. However, I am a bit confused as to what went wrong and how I ended up going from 14A to 25E and if I should have done something different. Diamond and fly about 200 segments a year commuting weekly. Thanks.