FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status
Old May 13, 2018, 6:21 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I don't want to say a Marriott or SPG LTP is more valuable or not profit wise. My guess higher demanding customers cost more (one head of recreation took my family fornfree snorkeling, took me running whenever i wanted, etc).

And 1 person is not superior to another by any means. Nor one richer or anything like that.

But if you needed to hit a certain threshhold by end of this year, it would in most cases be easier and cheaper to hit Marriott LTP.

Quite obvious easier to hit Marriott plat . again many Marriott people did 75 BIB and no credit card but many did .

Factor in

1) Footprint.
2)Preponderance if cheaper Marriotts overall for mattress runs
3( Marriott credit card nights for lifetime which SPG does not have
4) marriott nights for $3000 spend which SPG does not have. On my kid's sport team I know 4-5 people who are marriott plat. They put $100k business travel a year (33 nights) + 15 nights to start at 48 nights a year .they then stay 27 nights a year BIB and are platinum .

They are not particularly loyal to Marriott in the way that I or many other SPG plats I know are .

5) Marriott long term residences where i think you get 1 night credit for every 3 nights stay .until recently SPG capped at 30 nights, now I think 90 .

6)just look at rabidness if SPG plats .on the whole more rabid than Marriott guys at one has to really plan trips around SPG .

And do it for 10 years .SPG really become part of everyday life. I know many Marriott guys who for LTP in 3-4 years because of rollover .

I appreciate how Marriott and CJKatl and other people for Marriott side supportive of giving 750+ SPG plats ltpe status .

We are on one program now do let's work together .

But again if you wete to to for plat in one years (esp 2 we rollovers) you would most likely go for Marriott
5) Once again, SPG has allowed stays of up to 90 nights to earn points, nights credit, and stay credit since AT LEAST 2008. Ten years ago doesn't constitute "recently" by any reasonable metric. [I know this because I had a 72 night LC stay in 2008 credit with no problems and with those 72 nights, I was obviously SPG Plat that year.]