FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status
Old May 13, 2018, 5:57 pm
SHLTP

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I don't want to say a Marriott or SPG LTP is more valuable or not profit wise. My guess is that higher demanding customers cost more (one head of recreation took my family for free snorkeling, took me running whenever I wanted, took my kid jet skiing etc. (I paid the jet skiing but they paid transportation and time which was a cost). As I have said before Marriott won by being more profitable.

And 1 person is not superior to another by any means. Nor one richer or anything like that.

But if you needed to hit a certain threshhold by end of this year, it would in most cases be easier and cheaper to hit Marriott LTP.

Quite obvious easier to hit Marriott plat. Again many Marriott people did 75 BIB and did not gain nights credit via their credit card but many did.

Factor in

1) Footprint

2)Preponderance of cheaper Marriotts overall for mattress runs

3) Marriott credit card nights for lifetime which SPG does not have
4) Marriott nights for $3000 spend which SPG does not have. On my kid's sport team I know 4-5 people who are Marriott plat. They put $100k business travel a year (33 nights) + 15 nights to start at 48 nights a year. They then stay 27 nights a year BIB and are platinum .

They are not particularly loyal to Marriott in the way that I or many other SPG plats I know are .

5) Marriott long term residences where i think you get 1 night credit for every 3 nights stay. Until recently SPG capped at 30 nights, now I think 90

6) Just look at rabidness if SPG plats .on the whole more rabid than Marriott guys at one has to really plan trips around SPG .

And do it for 10 years. SPG really becomes part of everyday life. I know many Marriott guys who for LTP in 3-4 years because of rollover nights and felt it was quite easy to get plat. They don't feel they had to work hard to achieve.

I appreciate how Marriott and CJKatl and other people for Marriott side supportive of giving 750+ SPG plats ltpe status .

We are on one program now do let's work together.

But again if you were to go for plat in one years (esp 2 w rollovers) you would most likely go for Marriott

Last edited by SHLTP; May 13, 2018 at 6:30 pm